Education and Training
PPX believes that partnerships are fostered and maintained through a commitment to continuous learning and collaborative educational initiatives. We have developed relationships with experts in a variety of fields and are involving them in educational programs for our customers and staff for the purpose of enhancing quality of care.
Below are some training and education programs that are available to our customers. You can also visit the PPX Learning Center to find interesting cases and information about the fascinating field of medical imaging and radiology.
Facility Staff Orientation
As part of our preferred vendor agreement, PPX will conduct orientation sessions with facility staff to review and establish processes, procedures and protocols related to the delivery of on-site diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Overview of services and service expectations.
- The ordering process – both online and via the telephone.
- Protocols for examining and handling patients.
- Communication methods for reports and results.
- Operational policies and procedures, including radiation safety policies.
- Billing procedures for Business Office staff.
- Online access to reports, images, records and reports.
- Protocols for effective customer service support.
Customized Education Courses
PPX offers a wide range of educational programs for our customers, including:
- Radiologists educating the clinical staff on how to understand critical findings in x-ray reports, how to order proper imaging procedures, and what they are looking for in x-ray imaging.
- Cardiologists educating the clinical staff on congestive heart failures and cardiovascular disease processes.
- X-Ray technologists educating the clinical staff on the acquisition of radiographs in non-hospital settings.
- Leadership consultants teaching customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Billing professionals educating business office staff on coding and billing processes related to radiology services.